Deciding to continue your education brings with it a lot of choices. Whether you’re advancing from high school or returning to the classroom after a period in the workforce, selecting the best institution for your goals is vital to paving the way to a great future.
North American Trade Schools stands out in this regard, being an experienced trade school in Baltimore with a long history of student success.
Choosing North American Trade Schools as your source for vocational training means working closely with industry-veteran instructors in a hands-on environment.
But just what is it about North American Trade Schools that makes it such a great place to learn a skilled trade? Here are some of our highlights that show why the discerning student should select us among all other trade schools in Baltimore:
Programs of Study
Coming to North American Trade Schools means being able to choose from a diverse range of skilled trades that can set you on a path to career success.
As you continue your search for trade schools in Baltimore, consider these exciting programs of study that provide hands-on education:
- Electrical Technology – This 39-week program prepares you for a career as an electrical maintenance technician by familiarizing you with industry-standard equipment like oscilloscopes, breadboards and three-phase motors.
- Combination Welding – In this program, students will learn a diverse range of skills to apply in successful welding careers, differentiating MIG, TIG, arc and pipe welding techniques, among others.
- Diesel Technician – Adopting this program as your course of study means learning how to troubleshoot, repair and rebuild diesel technologies, all vital skills that will serve you well in a booming industry.
- Building Construction Technology – Those who select this as their skilled trade program will get a broad overview of construction techniques like roofing, masonry, carpentry and interior framing and will learn what is required for supervisory roles.
- Industrial Maintenance – Entering this program will give you a thorough background in numerous industrial disciplines such as plumbing, HVAC repair, welding, electrical work and forklift operation.
- Commercial Truck Driving – Students of this program will train for their commercial driver’s license (CDL) while gaining knowledge and experience relating to numerous facets of the trucking industry, including inspection, safety supervision and management.
- Heating, Refrigeration, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Technology (HRVAC) – This program will give you the needed experience to become a skilled HVAC maintenance technician, while also providing refrigeration training as part of the curriculum.
Our instructors have years of experience working within their industries and have both the technical knowhow and educational talents to guide students through challenging coursework.
Facilities and Equipment
Another aspect that makes North American Trade Schools stand out from other trade schools in Baltimore, MD is our facilities and industry-standard equipment that our students will encounter in the workforce.
North American Trade Schools utilizes two primary facilities: one designated for the commercial truck driving school and the larger of the two designated for all other trades.
- Our trade skills facility encompasses 40,000 square feet and houses eleven classrooms, numerous hands-on skill labs, and a modern computing center.
- Our commercial truck driving facility provides students with a wealth of equipment for training, inspection, repair and maintenance, including yard and road tractors and 45’ trailers.
We take great efforts to ensure that our students work with up-to-date and essential equipment for their chosen field.
Some of the equipment available for use, study and maintenance at our Baltimore trade school includes:
- Hammer & electric drills
- Electric motors
- Plasma cutters
- MIG, TIG & arc welders
- Various power saws
- Commercial refrigerators
- Commercial air conditioners
- Gas & oil furnaces
For a complete breakdown of all our equipment by department, make sure to visit our facilities page.
Accreditations and More
Attending NATS means going to an accredited institution. Our school has been accredited and licensed by the following organizations:
- Maryland State Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Maryland Higher Education Commission
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
Our institution is also a member of:
- Maryland Association of Private Colleges and Career Schools
- Better Business Bureau
- Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities (APSCU)
- American Trucking Association
And as a recognized military-friendly school, North American Trade Schools does all it can to help America’s heroes reacclimate to civilian life and get on track to exciting careers.
Career Services and Job Placement
Another aspect that shows North American Trade Schools’ dedication to student development with our career services program.
The services we provide in this program help students prepare for job interviews, resume writing, networking opportunities and active engagement in a successful job search.
At NATS, we don’t just want you to walk away with a degree – we want to help you blaze a trail to a rewarding and fulfilling career!
Contact North American Trade Schools Today
If you have any questions for us about the programs we offer or what goes into a trade school education, feel free to contact us.
And if you’re ready to get to work on securing a worthwhile career in an exciting field, apply here!