North American Trade Schools is a vocational school located in Baltimore, Maryland offering an extensive variety of skilled trade programs which can help prepare you for a career path that best fits your needs and passions.
Our programs allow you to stay ahead of what’s up-and-coming in industries such as electrical technology, as seen in our renewable energy courses.
Once you enroll in our electrical trade program, you have the ability to complete the program and launch a career in less than a year. Let’s take a look at some details!
Begin Your Career at Our Trade School
Starting the journey to become an electrical technician requires far more than the simple tasks one may think. The renewable energy training courses in our electrical technician school will help prepare you for a career in an evolving trade.
An Electrical Program in Baltimore to Help You Succeed
Our Electrical Technology Program is designed to produce qualified skilled trade workers that companies in industrial, residential and commercial fields are seeking out. Our industry-veteran instructors teach modern practices to better your knowledge of the electrical equipment you will use onsite.
The program covers the following:
- Theory of residential/commercial wiring
- Machine control
- Electronic control
- Programmable controllers
Choosing our trade school to fulfill your renewable energy education opens up an opportunity to take a wide variety of courses. The courses at our renewable energy school include:
- Solar and Energy Storage – This course explores the concepts and applications of solar energy. Students will learn the basic functions of electrical and solar equipment and common storage techniques.
- Standby Power Systems – This class focuses on the emergency generation of electricity, including sizing requirements and practical applications of electrical transformers.
- Low Voltage Applications – In this course, students will learn the fundamentals behind the applications of low voltage electricity for renewable energy. This includes cable and satellite television, telephone wiring, and fire alarm systems.
Life After Our Renewable Energy Training Programs
Joining our renewable energy school is only the beginning for your exciting career. After completing our electrical technology program and renewable energy courses, graduates will be qualified for positions like:
- Electrical technician
- Low voltage technician
- Electrician helper
- Instrument repairer
- Electrical maintenance
- Electric motor analyst
- Machine repair technician
- Service installer
- Electronic and equipment repairer
- Solar installation technician
- Electric motor repairer
In addition to the job opportunities that our electrical program can help prepare you for, we want to ensure you’re well-versed in the job responsibilities you will come across in the field. You can expect the following duties on-site:
- Assisting with electrical problems during construction projects
- Processing information by means of coding, compiling, and calculating different data
- Documenting information in written or electronic forms
- Installing electrical control systems and solid-state equipment
- Collaborating with electrical engineers by identifying and solving development problems
- Adjusting electrical parts and systems and correcting them to function properly
- Inspecting equipment to locate future problems or malfunctions
Why Our Renewable Energy School Stands Out
At North American Trade Schools, we strive to offer the best training and skills we can to help you prepare for your bright future. As an accredited trade school in the Baltimore area, we hold ourselves to the highest standard.
In addition to our accreditations, attending a vocational school with programs designed for you saves you far more money than attending a traditional four-year college. We also will provide a job assistance program that will teach you skills to help you attain your preferred career. These include:
- Resume building
- Interviewing skills
An education with us is an invaluable experience and only the beginning of your career. Reach out to us today to get started!