Need Direction in Life? Receive Career Training From The Best Trade School In Baltimore, Maryland
Get Started Today
Learn more about the hands-on training at North American Trade Schools!
Are you a hands on individual living in Baltimore, Catonsville, Dundalk, Glen Burnie, Columbia, or Silver Spring looking to receive career training?
Do you want a rewarding career without being stuck in a classroom for the next four years?
New career training is a growing opportunity to put your hands to work and get started on a pathway towards a high-paying job and the potential to become your own boss.
This article will answer some questions you might have about pursuing career training solutions from a Maryland trade school and the benefits it can offer individuals looking to break into growing industries.
This page gives you all the information you need to know about vocational training in Maryland.
If you want to request some free information about how trade school can help you in today’s job market, then click here.You can also call us at (800)-638-5490.
On this page you’ll find the answers to questions like:
- “Is career training right for me?”
- “What types of career training programs are available?”
- “What are the benefits of career training?”
- “How much does trade school cost?”
- “How can I apply?”
Is Career Training Right for Me?
Career training prepares you to become a certified specialist in one specific industry.
Unlike a traditional four-year liberal arts education, this type of learning will teach you skills related to your job. That means that you’ll be quickly building a relevant skill set that can immediately be to use.
Formal training can also help teach you the management skills necessary when you have groups of people working under you.
Rather than waiting for the chance to learn something new, seize the opportunity to become a valuable employee with a deep understanding of the industry.
What Types of Career Training are Available?
Some accredited career training programs available include:
- Construction Training: Provides hands-on training in residential construction and remodeling fields. Consists of courses that train you for positions in fields such as carpentry, millwork, and roofing.
- Electrician Training: Explore positions as a panel builder and tester, utility maintenance mechanic, construction electrician, and electronic technician. Learn to work with equipment such as meters, oscilloscopes, and breadboards.
- Auto or Diesel Mechanic: Learn in labs that simulate settings of repair and diagnostic shops in the transportation industry. Training focuses on operation, maintenance, rebuilding and troubleshooting procedures.
- Welding School: Receive a background in various welding applications and techniques based on ASME and AWS specifications. Students will be able to seek employment in positions such as pipe welders, repair welders, and construction welders.
- HVAC Repair Technician: Instruction on the installation and maintenance of HRVAC equipment, ductwork, metal fabrication, refrigeration and heating electrical systems. Students focus on developing skills such as basic cooling, safety, and air systems.
What Are the Benefits of Specialized Training?
There are a number of benefits to receiving specialized training that might make it the best education choice for you. These benefits include:
- Practical Courses: Students can enroll in courses that relate to their field of interest.
- Real World Qualifications: Students learn skills that can be applied directly to the workplace.
- Non-Traditional Courses: Courses offered through technical training schools are often not offered in traditional college settings.
- Hands-on Experience: Courses mix theory with hands on experience to ensure you have a strong foundation now and for the future.
- Job placement: Strong relationships with industry leaders helps graduates find positions upon completing career training school.
- Faster Programs: Finish your training in approximately one year and start making money now.
In addition, many career training instructors are experts on the subject matter they teach as they currently work in the fields for which they serve as instructors.
How Much Does Trade School Cost?
The cost of receiving career training will vary depending upon the school you choose and the classes you enroll in. Always verify the cost of the career training before attending your classes.
When thinking of trade school costs, think of investments. Pay money now, and in the years to come, see a return on that money. A return on your investment isn’t always money either; job placement and job security will be one less thing to worry about.
How Can I Apply?
The admissions process will be different for the different technical schools in Maryland. Most career training programs will require you to have a high school diploma or GED before applying, though there are some programs that will accept individuals who do not meet this qualification.
The best thing to do is contact the admissions office of your local trade school or community college for more information regarding its specific application process.
Choose a Top Trade School in Maryland
North American Trade Schools in Baltimore has been helping individuals establish a career path for over 40 years.
We offer you everything you need, including:
If you’re in Baltimore, MD (near areas such as Glen Burnie, Columbia, Ellicott City, Dundalk, Catonsville, and Silver Spring) and have been looking into job training for diesel technology, building construction, electrical technology or commercial truck driving, North American Trade Schools may have the perfect program for you.
We offer all graduates job placement assistance because we believe our responsibility to our students extends beyond the classroom. Our customer service and commitment to students sets us apart from other Baltimore trade schools.
Read what one of our students had to say about his experience training with North American Trade Schools:
“The training I received at North American Trade Schools was top notch. From the time I first walked through the doors, I could tell everyone there was dedicated to my success. I would not be where I am today without them. Thank you North American.”
Ronald Dement III
So Why Not Get Started Now?
You’ll gain the experience necessary to accelerate your career in growing, reliable industries.
There’s no reason to delay. Take a step forward in your life and contact us today.
You can call us at (800) 638-5490, or fill out our online form and we can help you start planning your future today.