North American Trade Schools is a vocational school located in Baltimore, Maryland. With a wide variety of skilled trades programs available, we’ve prepared students with many different interests and passions for the jobs of their dreams. Our graduates have been hired for jobs in positions such as electricians and commercial truck drivers, and if you enroll in a training program you could be the next to excel!
In addition to the job placement services and the diverse programs we offer, another key factor that makes us stand out from other trade schools in Maryland is our location.
An Experienced Trade School Near Glen Burnie, MD
Beyond being located in Baltimore, Maryland’s largest city, we are also adjacent to several other prominent areas, including the city of Glen Burnie.
Because of the many auto dealerships and repair shops present in the area, Glen Burnie, Maryland is known as the “Chrome City.” In addition to this fun fact, this suburban city is also built on a foundation of education. One of the first buildings that was established in the city was an elementary school, (First Avenue Elementary) built in 1889. Because of this well-established educational background, North American Trade Schools is a great choice for trade schools in Glen Burnie.
Other key facts about Glen Burnie, our neighboring city, include:
- As of the 2010 census, the population consists of more than 67,000 people
- Parts of the movie The Replacements (2000) were filmed in Glen Burnie
- It is the hometown of famous celebrities, such as singer Toni Braxton
North American Trade Schools is also a great choice for those looking for trade schools in Glen Burnie because our facility and the city of Baltimore are just 15 miles away from Glen Burnie.
And not only do we have a convenient commute, but at NATS we’re able to offer our students in Maryland resources for job placement services, meaning when you come to our trade school you’ll have the tools needed to start your future.
Why North American Trade Schools Should Be Your Glen Burnie, Maryland Trade School of Choice
The proximity between the cities of Glen Burnie and Baltimore is one of the most convenient reasons for students to utilize our vocational programs. However, there are many other reasons why students should apply for our Glen Burnie, Maryland trade school:
1. Our Plethora of Available Resources
When students pick our Glen Burnie area trade school, they also will have access to many resources from our instructors and trade school representatives.
One of these main resources is our blog, where we provide insight on everything from choosing a trade school vs. a college to outlining the benefits of vocational school, as well chronicling the reasons for selecting specific fields and more.
Another resource that students can utilize is our FAQ section. This is a page on our website where we list the questions that many incoming students often have. By browsing this list, we believe that you’ll feel more prepared for your first days of classes.
2. Our Diverse Skilled Trades Curriculum
When Glen Burnie students apply for one of our programs, they have plenty to choose from, including:
- Building Construction – This program is intended for students interested in a career within the worthwhile field of construction. Learn about green building, metal fabrication and much more.
- Diesel Technician – If you’re interested in becoming a diesel mechanic, this is the program for you! You can complete your courses and become a graduate from our Glen Burnie trade school in just ten months.
- Electrical Technology – Electricians have rewarding careers and upon completing this program you could also work to become one and utilize many different types of equipment on a daily basis.
- HRVAC – Learn the ins and outs about heating, refrigeration and more when you complete our vocational skilled HVAC program. This is a great career for those who are interested in helping others on a daily basis.
- Industrial Maintenance – This diverse program’s curriculum includes training in electrical work, basic welding, plumbing and more, all of which can be completed in just 46 weeks.
- Commercial Truck Driving – Students looking for trade schools near Glen Burnie, MD can utilize our truck driving program, which teaches students how to be skilled truck drivers. Students will have the knowledge needed to earn their CDL (commercial driver’s license) upon completion.
- Combination Welding – Our welding school is a high-quality, accredited instructional program, where students become familiar with MIG, TIG, stick and arc welding methods.
When students complete the program of their choice by passing each of its courses, they will be ready to pursue an entry-level job in their field. At North American Trade Schools, we ensure our students receive proper training, are familiarized with the right equipment and have real-world experience to apply to their skilled trade of choice.
3. Our Long-standing History of Success
Another important aspect that prospective students should know about when choosing a Glen Burnie, Maryland trade school is our positive reputation and years of continued achievements.
For starters, we are proud to have state accreditations for our skilled trades. Additionally, our students are taught within our 40,000 square feet facility just 15 miles from Glen Burnie. Within that facility, we provide all of the equipment that our students would need for their respective programs. Some of this equipment includes:
- Tractor trailers
- Hammer drills
- Electric motors
- Commercial type air conditioners
- Welding machines
Our qualified instructors, who all have experience in their fields, will teach students how to use this and other equipment tools safely and properly.
If you’d like to learn more about the equipment we have within our facility, don’t hesitate to ask us today!
Students Looking for Trade Schools in Glen Burnie Can Contact Us Today
Given our convenient Baltimore location, diverse programs and equipment, online resources, accreditations and more, students can find the educational home for them here at North American Trade Schools.
If you’re interested in applying to one of our programs, be sure to contact us today by giving us a call or filling out an online information form.