Get Expert Contractor Training
Maryland | Baltimore
Are you looking for contractor training in Baltimore, Maryland?
People from across the state of Maryland, including Glen Burnie, Woodlawn, Essex, Dundalk, Catonsville, Woodlawn, Arbutus, Columbia, Towson, Owings Mills, Lansdowne and the surrounding areas have received the expert training they need from North American Trade Schools to begin lucrative new careers as contractors.
If you want a career as a general contractor, then keep reading this page to learn about the skills you need to possess and how you can go about acquiring them.
If you’d like to speak with an admissions representative who can answer all of your questions, call (800) 638-5490 today.
The Importance of a General Contractor
A lot of different elements have to come together for a successful construction project to be complete, and a general contractor can often be at the center of that.
Because different trades are needed in a construction project, whether it’s commercial or residential, there needs to be someone who is skilled in those various trades to oversee much of the operation.
With contractor training in Maryland, you can become skilled in those different areas and become an indispensible part of any construction crew because of it.
What a General Contractor Should Know
In order to be a successful contractor on a construction site, there are a few different skills that you will have to master.
Many of those skills include:
- Roofing Installation – Different buildings have different needs when it comes to roofing. A contractor should know what material to use for a specific job, how the material is to be installed, and how to replace roofing material if the job calls for it.
- Siding Installation – Siding is like roofing in that there are many different kinds of material, so a contractor will need to be aware of the features and what best serves the job in front of him. By learning about the different types, you will be able to make recommendations about what will best serve a particular construction project.
- Drywall Installation – Drywall is an important part of building construction, so it helps when a contractor knows how to cut the material and install it so the rest of the project can continue as planned.
- Carpentry – Good carpentry is the backbone of a construction project, so contractor training in Maryland involves learning how to become a carpenter. Skills in carpentry can also help you gain an understanding in basic building design and layout, which can help you with other construction related tasks.
- Cost of Material Estimation – Before any other part of the work begins, you need to know just how much money has to be budgeted. This aspect of your construction training will show you how to estimate the cost of everything so you know what you can expect to spend before the project actually starts.
While these are just a few of the things you need to know in order to be a successful contractor, they are among the most important.
If you want to get the point where you use your skills to make a career quickly, then you need professional contractor training that can make that happen.
Contractor Training in Maryland from North American Trade Schools
When you need carpentry training, construction training, or training in any other skilled trade programs, then you need North American Trade Schools!
At NA Trades, we know exactly what it takes to help you get you career going, which is why we provide a comprehensive education in general contracting taught by instructors who have years of experience in the field.
With the education you receive from us, you will have the competitive edge over others wishing to become contractors and you will be able to begin your dream career that much sooner.
Once you finish your courses and obtain your construction license, you will go through our job placement assistance program, which will help you find local businesses that are willing to pay good money for students who have received thorough contractor training in Maryland.
Be the person those companies are looking for by enrolling in classes today.
Enroll In Contractor Courses Today!
Supercharge your career potential and enroll in hands-on courses for contractor careers today by calling (800) 638-5490. You can also click a button below to apply online or get more information.
North American Trade Schools has been providing some of the best career training available in the Maryland area. Whether you live in Dundalk, Glen Burnie, Woodlawn, Essex, Columbia, Towson, Catonsville, Woodlawn, Arbutus, Owings Mills, or the surrounding areas, contact us today to get the skills you need to become a successful contractor.
Return to the North American Trade Schools HOMEPAGE